Thursday 28 April 2011

Scrap Challenge!

Hello everyone! It is officially the weekend!! Woo hoo! I love long weekends!! I've only been back to work for three days but i sure do feel like i deserve these next four days off!! Work has been hectic. We've been crazy busy with mocks!!

Before i share with you today's crafty project i just want to say THANKYOU and HELLO to ALL my new followers!!! It's been a long while since i welcomed new followers, so hello to Suzy T, Amanda O, Marie, Sophie, Jayne, Emma, Stephanie Emma, Crafty Helen and Busy Lizzie!! I hope you all enjoy my blog. I always welcome your comments!

Also just to let you all know that i have joined the Twitter revolution. So if you're on Twitter please add me!! My alias is @CraftyThINKer.

Anyway back to the crafting: My scrap box is ever increasing, i just cannot throw away any card scrap - even if it is the teeniest little piece!! So the other day i set myself a challenge to only use scraps to make a quick card ... here's the result:

My inspiration for this card came from Sarah Makins Blog. The cardbase is 'Red Riding Hood' from the 'Regals' collection. I have used strips of 'Love Letters' DSP, some edged with the 'Eyelet Border' Punch and mounted these on 'Whisper White' card and wrapped a piece of 'Real Red' 'Satin Ribbon' around before adhering it to the cardbase. I then used a stamp from the 'Four Frames' set, inked in black. the sentiment is from the 'Because I Care' set (which is a level 1 hostess set) I used my 'Stamp-a-ma-jig' to line the 'thank you' up nice and neatly. I used the coordinating 'Decorative Label Punch' to punch out the shape and used 'dimensionals' to raise the frame and make it 3D. Easy Peasy!!

I'm making the most of the weekend! Of course i will be crafting! In fact my good friend Ruth is coming round for a crafty day tomorrow! Can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Great use of scraps - I really need to take a leaf out of your book! Congratulations on your 21 Followers!! Yippee you have exceeded your target!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.