Thursday 21 April 2011

I'm a brayer convert!!

Hi all, Today i plan to share with you another card using the 'Fun Flowers' Die. This card i'm very proud of because i went completely out of my comfort zone to create it. It is a complete original on my part and some experimentation with my 'Big Shot' and 'Embossing Folders' and my newest toy - my 'brayer'.

I was introduced the 'brayer' techniques at Cate's latest Craft Retreat day. I hadn't really seen the benefit of using one but now i'm well and truely converted!!  So anyway here's the card i made:


The main cardstock used for this card is 'Peach Parfait' (from the 'in colours' range) and 'So Saffron'. The background has been created by brayering 'Daffodil Delight' and 'Pumpkin Pie' ink on the inside of my 'Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder' and then placing a piece of 'Whisper White' cardstock in between and running it through my 'Big Shot', lovely effect isn't it!! I think me and my brayer are going to be good friends!! The flower has been created using the 'Fun Flowers Die' and has a 'So Saffron' 'Designer button in it's centre, the stem was stamped in 'Pear Pizzazz' ink onto a scrap of 'Pear Pizzazz' cardstock, using a stamp from the 'Sweetheart' stampset. The 'thank you' sentiment is from the 'Just Believe' stampset.

I'm just loving using all the new products from the mini catalogue and can't wait to share them with you at my craft open house this weekend. It's not too late to RSVP! I'd love to see you there! We will be making two projects using lots of new products. This event is completely FREE! Please e-mail me for further details: amyjtidd@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy
    I really love the idea of brayering the embossing folder - was it difficult to clean afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely effect isn't it!! A simple wet wipe cleaned it fine!! Not sure with black ink, it'll probably stain. I'm hoping to have a bit more of a play tomorrow! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, thanks for following my blog! This is a lovely effect - I am about to post something very similar on my own blog. I love the Big Shot and all the new Stampin' Up accessories

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.