Wednesday 27 April 2011

My Very First Step Card!!

Hi all, as many of you may know i'm an avid follower of my upline's blog Blue Angel Crafts. Cate regularly posts her projects and they are always inspiring! Recently Cate posted a stepped card. This is a style of card i have never attempted before but i decided to give it a go!! I took Cate's advice and found a tutorial (on SCS) as it certainly wasn't simple!! Here's my attempt:


The cardbase is 'Pretty in Pink' from the 'subtles' collection. The cupcake and the sentiment are from the 'Crazy For Cupcakes' stampset. I used by 'Blender Pens' to colour in the cupcake and used a '2-way Glue Pen' to apply some 'Dazzling Diamond' glitter! The ribbon featured in this project is the beautiful 'Rose Red' 'Binding Ribbon' from the Mini Catalogue. The final step uses 'Whisper White' cardstock and the large background stamp from 'Baroque Motifs' stampset. The Butterfly has been created using my 'Big Shot and the 'Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die'. I have finished off the butterfly using a string of 'Basic
Pearls'. I'd love to know what you think!

I made this card to give to a very good friend of mine, Ruth. It's her birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTHIE!!! Hope you have a lovely day!! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's fab Amy. A definite girlie card, which I'm sure your friend will love.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.