Saturday 9 April 2011

A Card Created at Snails Pace!

Hello everyone! Hope you are well! I'm finally on Easter Holidays and i'm hoping to to spend a good proportion of time crafting!! And i'm planning on making a good start to this by attending my upline Cate's mini catalogue launch today! She always comes up with such great ideas and is such a crafty inspiration! (I will post some pics of the cards we create very soon!!)

I have been very busy recently planning my own 'make and takes' for my own mini catalogue launch on the 23rd April (Please confirm if you can make it!) As well as doing this i have also been working on a custom-made card request from a colleague at work. I was asked to create a card with a snail on it for a 60th birthday! The gentleman who's birthday it was, is a Biology teacher who is a world expert on snails!! So quite a challange, anyway this is what i have come up with:


Unfortunately Stampin' Up! didn't have a suitable stamp to use, so i found a black and white image online and printed it on 'Very Vanilla' cardstock. I then used a range of brownish inks from the 'neutral' collection and a blender pen to add colour and tone to the image. This was then mounted on a piece of 'Crumb Cake' cardstock, which i has run through the 'Big Shot' using 'Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder'. The cardbase is 'Early Espresso', with a strip of 'Very Vanilla' edged with the 'Eyelet Border' Punch, decorated with some lovely 'Early Espresso' 'Satin Ribbon'. (Inside i glued a 'Top Note' cut out of 'Crumb Cake' card, stamped with the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' from the 'Plane and Simple' stampset.)

This card was a real challange for me and it did take quite a while to design but i have to say i'm very, very happy with the result and have recieved lots of positive feedback, but i'd love to know what you think!

If you would like me to design and create a customised card for you please get in touch. I love a challange! My e-mail is amyjtidd@gmail.com

Have a great weekend! Amyxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.