Tuesday 12 April 2011

Baby Blossoms!

Hi all, hope you are all well! I've had a lovely start to my easter hols! Yesterday i went to London to visit Fiona a good friend of mine who i use to work with. We had a great time trawling Camden market, looking in all the vintage shops and managed to pick up a couple of bargains! Today i went out for a wander around the shops and out for some lunch with my sister. Good times!!
Today i want to share with you a card i made with my friend Sally last week at our weekly craft club at work. We were lacking inspiration and so browsed online and found a great blog called 'roseyscraper' and we case'd a card from there featuring the beautiful 'Baby Blossoms' stampset from the mini catalogue (If you love Cath Kidson you will LOVE this stampset!)


The card features the beautiful 'Springtime Vintage DSP, from the mini catalogue. I have used the 'Scallop Edge Border' Punch. The flower has been stamped from the 'Baby Blossoms' stampset. You have to stamp the images in stages, so a 'stamp-a-ma-jig' is a vital piece of kit!! The flower uses 'Pear Pizzazz', 'Rose Red' and 'Pretty in Pink', stamped on 'Very Vanilla' cardstock and punched with the 'Large Tag' Punch, I have mounted this on 'Pear Pizzazz' 'Extra Large Tag' punch. The card has been finished off with some 'Rose Red Seaming Ribbon' from the mini, and a little piece of 'linen thread'.

A perfect card for spring i think!! I'm planning to spend the day with Sal on Thursday so hoping to make lots of lovely things to share with you! (I recieved a massive Stampin' Up! order today with lots of goodies, so have plenty of new things to play with!!) So check back soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy I really love this card. I hadn't really thought much of the baby blossoms set but have to think again! Any advice on how to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane! I'm starting to really love the 'baby blossoms' set - you have to be patient with it (and use a stamp-a-ma-jig, but the results are well worth it!! I found a great blog which shows a step by step of each blossom you can create - it helped me out no end:
    http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/jodireinert/blog?directBlogUrl=%2Fblog%2F36509%2Fentry%2Fbaby_blossoms_stamping_guide

    Glad you're enjoying the blog Diane, hope to catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.