Tuesday 30 August 2011

My Nintendo DS Creation!

I'm so excited to be sharing this card with you! It's for my little cousin Callum, it was his birthday yesterday and i knew in advance that he was getting a Nintendo DS for his birthday so decided to challenge myself and make a Nintendo card. I started off by looking online for inspiration - but there were NO Nintendo DS birthday cards, that i could find, so i was on my own to create my masterpiece!! So using my own DS for measurements, this is what i came up with:

To start with, the cardbase is 'Marina Mist' with some 'DSP' from the 'Nursery Suite Speciality' collection.
The Nintendo DS was created from two rectangles of 'Whisper White' cardstock, the first one (which is used to create the bottom of the DS) i have rounded all four corners with the 'Corner Rounder', the top one i have rounded off the top two corners, scored the bottom of the rectangle and hand cut the two bottom corners out, to create a hinge. I stuck both of them together (using 'Red Sticky Tape' to create the console)
The screens were created from two 'Whisper White' rectangles and then two slightly smaller 'Baja Breeze' rectangles. I attempted to make Mario style screenshots, using scraps of 'Pumpkin Pie', 'Peach Parfait' and 'Marina Mist' to create the blocks, 'Pear Pizzazz' to make the pipe, 'Garden Green' and the 'Scallop Circle Punch' to make the bush and some 'Whisper White' to make some little clouds! I have used my 'Basic Black' 'Stampin' Write Marker' to add some extra detail, as well as write the Happy Birthday Sentiment.


The X, A, B and Y buttons have been made from scraps of 'Whisper White' punched out using the 'Owl Punch', the start and select buttons have been made using my 'Crop-a-dile', the button on the lefthand side is hand cut from 'Whisper White'. Finally all the detail was hand-drawn on with a 'Basic Gray' 'Stampin' Write Marker'.

The DS console has been glued onto the cardbase, in it's open form, the top of the DS has been raised using some Stampin' Up! 'Dimensionals' and the card fits snuggly into a 6x6 envelope!

I'd love to know what you think of my gaming make!!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant! It was lovely to meet you earlier... especially now that I know who the serial blogger is that I get lots of my inspiration from :) x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.