Saturday 13 August 2011

My Holiday Journal!

Hi all, It's no big secret that i have been on my travels for the last five weeks or so, and everyday that i was away i recorded all my adventures in a travel journal.

After every entry i left a blank page, and throughout my trips i have saved lots of memerobilia - such as tickets, cards, pressed flowers etc, as well as took lots and lots of photos which i have now on my return been busy sticking into my journal and of course i couldn't do it without a few Stampin' Up! essentials:

My 'sticky red tape' has been an absolute god-send - literally sticking down everything from tickets, plastic wristbands, dried and pressed flowers and chunky brocheres:



I have also been using my lovely 'Stampin' Write Markers', they come in a fab range of colours. Here i have used the wonderfully versatile 'Early Espresso' marker to draw the Elephant Dung Paper Process onto the Elephant Dung Paper that i made during my trip to Tanzania:



I have used the great quality card stock that Stampin' Up! has to offer to make pockets and labels to secure larger documents into my journal, here i have used some 'Marina Mist', 'Baja Breeze' and 'Very Vanilla' cardstock to make a pocket to hold my Tanzanian work visa:


I've still got some work to do on it, but so far i'm really very pleased with the result. I hope in years to come that my children can look over my travel journal and get an insight into all the adventures that we have had!!

As you have probably guessed from following my blog i love cardmaking and haven't really ventured into scrapbooking BUT after this project i could be tempted to dabble into scrapbooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.