Saturday 28 May 2011

A Milk Carton Birdhouse!

Woo hoo! It's the weekend and the start of my halfterm!! Today i want to share with you a little project i made sometime ago. I popped this project on my display table during my mini catalogue launch party and it recieved a lot of attention!! So here is a little birdhouse made with the (Stampin' Up exclusive) 'Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die' and the 'Top Note Die'. Here it is:

I firstly ran some 'Pear Pizzazz' card stock through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Mini Milk Carton Die', before constructing it i punched a circle out of one side using the '1-3/4" Circle Punch and placed some acetate behind it to create a window. I then constructed the milk carton. To construct the roof i placed a piece of 'Rose Red' through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Top Note Die'. The then trimmed two ends off of the top note and folded it in half. I placed some yummy sweets into the milk carton before attaching this to the top of the milk carton using some red sticky tape. There you go bird house complete! Simple really! For this project i used the 'Two-Step bird Punch' to decorate it. I punched the bird out of some 'Soft Suede' card (and used a 'Sponge Dauber' and some 'Soft Suede' ink to add some texture) then using a little scrap of 'Daffodil Delight' made his beak. (You could of course use the lovely owl punch or the beautiful bird stamp from the 'Nature Walk' set instead.)

I hope you like this crafty make! I have to say i'm totally in love with my 'Big Shot'. I really don't know how i survived without it!! The Stampin' Up! 'Big Shot' comes with a three year warranty. There's also a whole range of dies which are exclusive to 'Stampin' Up! Why not check them out in the Mini Catalogue (an electronic copy of this catty can be found on the right hand side of my blog.) Email me to find out more about the 'Big Shot' deal i'm running for my customers this month: amyjtidd@gmail.com

Hope you have a fab weekend!

1 comment:

  1. While the Minnesota Slot Machines For Sale exams are open-book tests,
    but you should still try to memorize the material to the best dish
    to make use of cripple studs.

    my blog - web site

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.