Monday 23 May 2011

DCM Challenge: Chasing Cars

I'm back today with my entry for this weeks Daring Cardmakers Challenge, which was quite literally a challenge this week!! I didn't find it easy! The challenge was to create a card based on the Snow Patrol song 'Chasing Cars'... Well, i didn't know where to start, after analysing the lyrics for quite some time i decided to create a card based on the lyrics "Let's waste time." So here it is (sorry about the poor picture quality):


The cardstock used for the base is 'Soft Suede', which i ran through the 'Big Shot' using my 'Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder'. I used the 'Sense of Time' stampset and slightly 'Sponge Daubed' over the image using 'Soft Suede' ink to create an antique effect, mounting the clock image on 'Crumb Cake' and then 'Early Espresso' card. The sentiment reads 'An unhurried sense of time is in itself a form of wealth', which i feel fits perfectly with the sentiment of the Snow Patrol song. I have also used some 'Early Espresso' ' Satin Ribbon' which i have gathered for added effect.

A very tough challenge this week!! Thanks Daring Cardmakers for pushing my creative boundries!!

10 comments:

  1. Fab card Amy - what a great quote you found! Love that ribbon. It's a perfect card for the "Chasing Cars" challenge, thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, what a fabulous card!! Love the colour tones and it's perfect for the challenge! Good luck...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
    Hugs, Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great Amy! Love what you have done for the challenge - it was a great theme wasn't it? Love the way you have "arranged" the ribbon - looks effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricky challenge but love what you've done. Love that ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comments on my card! Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You came up trumps. A fabulous card and the sentiment definitely fits the lyrics. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great take on our Dare this week - thanks for sharing your wonderful card with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    PS I didn't find this one easy either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your picture looks 'dreamy' and adds to the look! I nearly didn't join in the CDM challenge but then I thought well, clocks...time! why not! So I did! ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! The ribbon effect it's really great choice for the clock and the beautiful sentiment.

    Zuz. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great card for the dare!!! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at DCM this week!!!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.