Wednesday 4 July 2012

My First Smash* Book Page!!

Hey all! I'm so excited to share this with you... as you know i'm usually a card maker who dabbles once in a while with other mediums - but mostly i make cards...

Well, with Baby Tiddlywinks due date less than a month away - i was keen to start a baby journal to mark all the key moments in his little life. So when my friend Stephanie Emma (AKA craftyboots) suggested a Smash* Book i thought why not!

There is a specifically themed baby journal - so that seemed to be the most obvious choice:


Smash* Journals come with lovely backing pages and a pen with a glue stick on the end!!

Now as you know i totally utterly adore Stampin' Up! so intend to completely utalise my Stampin' Up! stash in this journal!!

I was a bit nervous getting started  (as i'm not a natural scrapbooker) but here is my first page....


A simple page... I printed off the lyrics from Ed Sheerans 'small bump' onto 'Whisper White' cardstock (fab card for printing!) and cut it out... I printed a pic of me (24 weeks pregnant) and hubby and glued it onto the centre of the page. I then used my 'Big Shot' to cut out the letters to create' small bump' using the 'Timeless Type Alphabet Dies' from  'Melon Mambo' card and glued them into place. Finally i wrote 'bump at 24 weeks' using my 'uni ball signo pen' (page 113 of catty)

I'm hoping i can keep this going to keep a record of my little mans life and hope i have showcased how you can use cardmaking products in a different way!! I will update regularly with different smash* pages.

If you think you would like to start a smash book - why not check out Stephanie-Emma at Crafty Boots Smash* selection, and don't forget you can order all your Stampin' Up goodies from me at any time: amyjtidd@gmail.com (Don't forget to check out the July offer at the top of this blog!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.