Tuesday 8 March 2011

In LOVE with blender pens!!

Hi all, What a busy (but productive) day!! I've been rushing around all day, but now i can relax and spend the evening playing around with all my new crafty bits, especially my new 'blender pens'!! Oh my god! They are totally AMAZING! Basically they are a way of painting with your inkpads to create a beautiful watercolour effect!! The great thing about these pens is that they come in a pack of three and have a nib on each end, so you effectively have six pens! (They're on page 102 of the catalogue and this month feature in the March Frenzy sale with 20% off!!)

So i would like to share a couple of cards i have made using the 'blender pen' technique:

This first card is using the 'Bella Toile' stamp, which i have embossed using Stampin' Up! black embossing powder and heat tool. I have then coloured it in using Stampin' Up! inkpads and blender pens. The image has been mounted on 'Rich Razzleberry' card. I'm very pleased with the effect!! (The sentiment featured on card is from the recent Sale-a-bration promotion, and is sadly now unavailable.)


The second card i have to share with you is using the 'Happiness Shared' stamp set, the sentiment is from the 'Because I Care' stamp set, which is available as a hostess set. (Basically if you have a craft workshop at your home or having a massive craft splurge of your own and sales reach £150 or more you can earn free stamp sets and more money to spend in the catalogue!! Let me know if you are interested!)


Hope you like both the cards! Just before i go i would like to say hello to my new follower Liz! Lovely having a chat over facebook earlier! I hope you get some inspiration from my blog!! Thanks to everyone you has had a sneaky peek! I'd love to know what you think about my craft projects so please feel free to leave a comment! Until next time take care, Love Amyxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! Now I want that Happiness Shared set!!! C x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.