Wednesday 8 August 2012

Waterfall Album!

Last month my crafty friend Jade attended a craft class held by another fellow demonstrator and learnt how to make beautiful waterfall albums! Unfortunately due to being heavily pregnant i was unable to attend however Jade kindly shared this technique with me at a recent crafty sesh at her house and i made one for my friends Jen and Andy for a wedding gift!!

Here's the front of my completed 'Waterfall Album':




The colours are 'Pool Party', 'Island Indigo' 'Crumb Cake' and 'Whisper White'. You can just see in the photo there is a panel of 'Pool Party' which has been run through the 'Big Shot' using and then the 'Stripes Embossing Folder. I have also used some 'Crumb Cake' 'DSP'.

To create the image on the front i (well ... if i'm honest, Jade) printed the 'Congratulations Jen & Andy, 21st july 2012 on the computer and then stamped the image from the 'Apothecary Art' stampset in 'Island Indigo' ink - i had to carefully line this up using my trusty 'Stamp-a-ma-jig'. I cut this image out using the 'Big Shot' and the 'Labels Collection Framelits Die' and then mounted it onto a larger 'Island Indigo' label! Here's a close up:



Here is the inside of the album:


I kept the pages inside treasonably simple with the view that Jen and Andy could add some photos from their wedding reception and some captions in themselves. I simply embellished the album with 'Crumb Cake' DSP', 'Island Indigo' card which has been punched using the 'Eyelet Border Punch' and the beautiful butterfly from the 'Clearly For you' stampset inked in 'Island Indigo'.

The other pages fold out like a 'waterfall' when you pull the tab (which was created from a 'Decorative Label Punch')



The mechanism to create this card is very technical and difficult to explain - i suggest you google waterfall cards/ albums and you'll find a range of tutorials to guide you though it! I was lucky enough to have Jade's guidance!

I have to admit this project was completely time consuming but i'm thrilled with the final product - although i think it is fair to say  special people will receive one of these made by me as they are hardwork to complete!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.