Monday 20 August 2012

Crafty Boots Challenge: Tweet Tweet!

Hey all! Another Crafty Boots Challenge for you and this one has been set by ME!! The challenge is called 'Tweet Tweet' and what i'm looking for is a card that features a bird!!

I managed to actually find time in my very busy schedule of being a new mummy to make this card for my Mum's birthday, so here is my DT offering:


On an 'Island Indigo' cardbase i stamped the circle image from the 'Mixed Bunch' stampset to create a background. I then layered a strip of 'Whisper White' card and then a thinner strip of 'Elegant Eggplant' card ontop. Onto this i layered a 'Island Indigo' flower punched out using the 'Blossom Punch' and then ontop of this i stamped a flower image from the 'Mixed Bunch' set using 'Island Indigo' ink, punched it out using the stamp and secured it in place using 'Dimensionals' to raise it 3D. I embellished the flower using 'Basic Pearls.

Next i cut a strip of 'Island Indigo' card and punched along on edge using the 'Eyelet Border Punch' and glued this across the card. On top of which i layered a piece of 'Whisper White' card with a sentiment stamped on it from the 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' set (inked in 'Elegant Eggplant')

Finally to comply with the bird element of the challenge i punched two birds out using the 'Bird Builder Punch'. I stamped the centre of the flower image from the 'Mixed Bunch' set onto the birds wings before securing them in place with 'Dimensionals' and placing some teeny 'Basic Pearls' in the centre. Finally i drew some eyes on the birds using my 'Elegant Eggplant' 'Stampin' Write Marker'.

I look forward to seeing your 'Tweet Tweet' birdy creations!! And don't forget if you want to make a stampin up order drop me an email: amyjtidd@gmail.com. DON'T FORGET THERE IS A PROMOTION ON THIS MONTH - CHECK OUT THE TOP OF THE BLOG FOR INFO ON HOW YOU CAN GET A FREE STAMPSET WITH YOUR ORDER!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh it's lovely! I love your bird punches and the designs are so pretty. Great challenge by the way, I got to do a birdie Smash page! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Amy, I love the colours you have chosen and your punches are fab.

    Your challenge really had me going, it took me ages to find an image I could work with, but there was no stopping me once inspiration struck.

    Dionne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and colours.. I'm always a sucker for a belated card as I have to send lots! Really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.