Thursday 9 August 2012

Creating butterflies from the 'Mixed Bunch' stampset!!

As soon as i got my hands on the 'Mixed Bunch' stampset i HAD to have a go at creating butterflies from the stampset!!


I made this card for my good friend (and crafty partner in crime) Jade, as it is her birthday today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADE!!

This is how i made the card:
I used the 'rock and roll' technique using 'Daffodil Delight' and 'Pumpkin Pie' ink to stamp three flowers from the 'Mixed Bunch' stampset and punched them out using the 'Blossom Punch'. I snipped two petals off of each one to create some butterflies and then placed three 'Basic Pearls' down the centre of each one to create the butterfly bodies!!

The cardbase is 'Pumpkin Pie' which i folded over the top and ran through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Stripes Embossing Folder'. I stamped the sentiment from the 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' set using 'Lucky Limeade' ink on the top of the cardbase, then wrapped some 'Lucky Limeade' 'Ruffled Ribbon' around the base and tied a bow and then glued the three butterflies in place!!

I just love the idea of using the stampsets and punches in an alternative way and just love the way these butterflies have come out!! I can't wait to make some more!!

Don't forget if you LOVE this 'Mixed Bunch' stampset and coordinating 'Blossom Punch' as much as me then make sure you get your order in ASAP as they're in the summer mini catalogue and there is NO guarantee that they will be in the the new catalogue that will be launching next month - so email your order over today: amyjtidd@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.