Sunday 12 August 2012

Up, Up and Away! A hot air balloon card!

Hey all! Last month my good friend Ruth came round for a crafty sesh! She shared with me a card that she had made for her hubby and as soon as i saw it i knew i just had to CASE it!

It features the 'Up, Up and Away' stampset - which is in the mini catalogue - and possibly only available until the end of this month! So if you LOVE don't forget to get your order in ASAP!


So heres the card:


This card started life as a 'Basic Grey' cardbase! I then found a piece of 'Baja Breeze card' which i stamped the clouds and bird images from the fab 'Up, Up and Away' stampset, using 'Basic Grey' ink (and three hot air balloon baskets) I coloured the clouds in using my 'Uniball White Gel Marker' and stamped the sentiment also in 'Basic Grey' ink. I glued this onto the card base and then underneath placed a piece of 'Basic Black' card which i ran through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Stripes Embosisng Folder' to create some texture, finishing it off with a  strip of 'Daffodil Delight' 'Grosgrain Ribbon'.

I then stamped the balloons on  some scraps of 'Whisper White' using 'Real Red' and 'Daffodil Delight' ink. I cut these out my hand and then secured them in place using 'Dimensionals' to raise them and make them 3D!

I just love this card and this stampset! So thankyou Ruth for sharing with me!! Don't forget if you would like to have this stampset in your crafty kit you really should order it this month as it features in the mini catalogue and there is no guarentee that it will feature in the new main catalogue. Don't miss out!! Email me your order today: amyjtidd@gmail.com AND don't forget there is a promo on throughout August - a free exclusive stampset - see the top of this blog for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.