Thursday 22 March 2012

Mothers Day Preperations! (sorry for the delayed post!!)

Hey everyone. I'm back home and under strict instructions to rest - hubby went out this morning and brought lots of supplies and told me not to move from the sofa so i thought i'd get out the laptop and update my blog.

I had my little sister stay with us on Saturday and we spent the afternoon/ evening crafting preparing for Mothers Day. So here are our creations.

First up the card i made for my mum:


This card is a 'Poppy Parade' cardbase. On which i layered some of the lovely Sale-a-Bration 'Everyday Enchantment DSP', which i folded over on one corner. I ran some 'Old Olive' card through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die' to create the butterfly and placed some 'Basic Pearls' down the centre. On a strip of 'Whisper White' i stamped the 'I'm blessed to call you mother' sentiment from the 'Blessed Mother' stampset using 'Old Olive' ink. I mounted this onto a wider strip of 'Old Olive' card and tied a piece of 'Baja Breeze' 'Seaming Ribbon'. My mum loved this card and i love this design - i will most definately be CASEing this design in future.

Next up is the card i made for my hubby's Mum to place on her grave:


This card has a 'Wisteria Wonder' cardbase. I layered a piece of 'Paisley Petals DSP' onto a piece 'Concord Crush' card and glued it onto the cardbase. I ran some 'Concrod Crush' through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die' to create the five butterflies and glued them into place, placing some 'Basic Pearls' down the centre of each one.

I stamped the sentiment from the 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' stampset onto some 'Wisteria Wonder' card and punched it out using the 'Word Window Punch' and finally ran some 'Wisteria Wonder' card through the 'Big Shot' using the 'Timeless Type Alphabet Die' to create the 'Mum'.

Before i go i just have a couple of makes my sister made using my craft stash for my mum (bear in mind she is 9 - she is quite the crafter!!):


And here is a cupcake craft giftpot we sewed toegther using some felt and pompoms - it was quite an ordeal to make but i love the end result and we popped some chocs in to give to Mum:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.