Monday 23 January 2012

Crafty Boots Challenge: Song Title - You Are My Sunshine!!

Hey CraftyThINKers!! It's time for another Crafty Boots Challenge and this fortnight the theme is 'Song Titles'. Your mission if you choose to accept it is to create a craft project reflecting a song title of your choice!!

So here is my Design Team offering themed around the song 'You Are My Sunshine' which is a song which has a very special place in my heart because i can remember my Grandad teaching it to me when i was a little girl and can literally hear him singing it to me if i close my eyes! Special memories!!


The 'you are my sunshine' sentiment and the leaves are stamps from the 'Something Sweet' set, which i have inked in 'Old Olive' ink, stamped onto 'Whisper White' card. To create the flower i punched four 'Scallop Circles' from 'Just Add Cake DSP Collection' and then folded each of them into quarters before arranging them into a flower shape. I placed a large 'Daffodil Delight' 'Designer Button' in the centre, and then layered a cute flower shaped 'Pumpkin Pie' 'Designer Button' in the centre of that. (Securing it in place with 'Red Sticky Tape'.) I placed three 'Bright Brads' - 'Pumpkin Pie', 'Daffodil Delight' and 'Old Olive' down the righthand bottom corner of the 'Whisper White' card. I mounted this onto an 'Old Olive' cardbase and finished of the card with a strip of 'DSP' from the 'Beyond The Garden' range and then a much thinner strip of 'Just Add Cake DSP'.

I hope you like the card, i have to admit i found this challenge a tricky one!! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Finally, before you go... just a reminder that tomorrow is the launch of the annual 'Sale-A-Bration' promotion!!


Basically the deal is that you get a FREE exclusive stampset or pack of 'DSP' with every £45 purchase you make!! AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE THESE WITH YOU!!

So please visit back tomorrow when you can see each of these limited stampsets for the first time!!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely bright and cheerful card, it really is a ray of sunshine.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love your colour choices too. Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and that your news is out about your own ray of sunshine! Can't get this song out of my head!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.