Monday 26 September 2011

My Card Tote!

Hi all, i have been working on this craft project for a couple of days on and off, and really very excited to share it with you. I have made a card tote (using an amazing tutorial brought from Lynda - an Australian SU demo).


OK, I'm not going to lie - this project was pretty fiddly and took me several hours to create, but now i know how it's all done i'm pretty confident that i could make it much quicker the second time around!! I made the tote using completely Stampin' Up! materials. The great thing about using SU materials is that they all coordinate!! The 'DSP' used is from the sadly retiring 'Love Letters DSP collection', i used quartered '1-3/4" Circles' cut from 'Early Espresso' card to decorate the corners, coordinating 'Satin Ribbon' for the handles and the 'Just Perfect Alphabet' stampset to stamp 'cards' on the front!

Here's a side view of the card tote:


The tote is tied up with 'Grosgrain Ribbon' and here is the tote opened wide:


You'll notice that i have made monthly dividers so i can get organised and store birthday, valentine, anniversary and any other cards in their correct place! (I have used 'Red Riding Hood' cardstock to coordinate with the 'Love Letters DSP' to create the accordian sides and the dividers.


Along with Lynda's tutorial she also supplied me with monthly calender templates! So i printed them off on 'Very Vanilla' cardstock and mounted them onto the 'Red Riding Hood' dividers. I punched some tabs out of 'Red Riding Hood' card, using the 'Round Tab Punch' and used the 'Just Perfect Alphabet' stampset to stamp the months on the tabs (in 'Early Espresso' ink.)


I slightly altered Lyndas tutorial - but overall i couldn't have made this without her detailed tutorial notes! I'm planning on making a few more of these to give away as christmas gifts, i just love the way these have turned out!

I'm planning on running a craft class on how to make these lovely totes, so watch this space ... details to follow!!

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.