Thursday 22 September 2011

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Today is my friend Hannahs birthday! I have completely turned her to the darkside of crafting and i know that she will totally appriciate a handmade card! So here is the card i made her:


I've seen lots of cards of this style before but i haven't actually made one until now! The card base i used was 'Crumb Cake', it bgan life as a neat rectangle and then using my 'Paper Cutter' i trimmed it on a diagonal, and then scored it twice and then folded it one way and then the other, to create a concertina effect. I used some of the beautiful 'Springtime Vintage DSP and cut them to the right size to create the panels. Before gluing down the first panel i wrapped some of the lovely 'Rose Red' 'Seaming Ribbon' around it and then created a pretty big bow!

Here's the card in its unfolded form:



I cut a rectangle of 'Rose Red' cardstock and used my 'Eyelet Border' on one edge. I then mounted a secound rectangle of 'Very Vanilla' on top, with a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment (inked in 'Rose Red') from the 'Something to Celebrate' stampset.

Such a pretty card, this 'DSP' is so beautiful and it is such a shame that it is retiring at the end of the month. Make sure you get an order in before it's too late: amyjtidd@gmail.com

I hope Hannah likes her card and has a very happy birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.