Tuesday 8 November 2011

Happy Engagement Dan and Jade!!! (Envelope Scrapbook - Journey to marriage journal)

Hi all. A while back you may remember me telling you how happy i was for my cousin Dan , who met the girl of his dreams and popped the question. They had their engagement party this weekend, sadly we couldn't go, but i wanted them to know that i was thinking of them and wanted to make them something special. I already made them an engagement card - so decided to make them an envelope scrapbook to journal their journey from first love, proposal, engagement party, wedding and then the future!

I used a fab tutorial from the website: http://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com/ and heres my creation:

To create this envelope scrapbook i used 'Very Vanilla', 'Bashful Blue' and 'Early Espresso' cardstock, as well as the lovely 'Bashful Blue' 'DSP' from the 'Cheerful Treat DSP' (a fab new hostess product) I also used five cream envelopes.

The front of the envelope scrapbook:

Notice that i used the beautiful 'Monogram Sweet Alphabet' stampset to add their intials to the product (which i lined up using my trusty 'Stamp-a-ma-jig') . I embellished their initials with some teeny tiny 'Basic Pearls'. I also used the pearls to decorate the 'Lace Ribbon Border' punch. I also added some 'Very Vanilla' and 'Early Espresso' hearts created using the 'Large Heart' punch.
Here's a close up of their initials:


The spine of the book:


Notice how i used some lovely 'Satin Ribbon' to tie the book up.




Now, using the tutorial i created a card zig-zag spine and glued five enevelope into it. the idea is that each envelope had a suitable love quote on it and an instruction for the happy couple, with a decorated card inside to write on or mount a photo:

Envelope 1.
Envelope 2.
Envelope 3.

Envelope 4.
Envelope 5.
I decorated each envelope with strips of 'Very Vanilla', 'Bashful Blue' and 'Early Espresso card. and pieces of 'DSP', as well as a 'Scalloped Circle', '1-3/8" Circle' and a snippet of the 'Lace Ribbon Border' with a blingy 'Basic Pearl.

Each envelope had a decorated card that Jade and Dan could complete their tasks on:


The happy couple will not be getting wed for a while yet although they will have lots of wedding planning to do!!  This gift will give them the opportunity to journal the exciting journey they are on. I wish them both the very best of luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing project... I love the colours too. Will be sure to give this one a go soon :) x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.