Wednesday 15 February 2012

Angry Bird Birthday Card!

It's my twin brother-in-law's birthday today. I always find it hard to make cards for men, especially younger guys. So i thought i'd browse the web for inspiration and found a fab online video tutorial to create a punchart angry bird card, which is absolutely perfect for any gadget fanatic!! The tutorial has been created by an American Stampin' Up! demo called Tami and does use one or two products not available in the UK and unfortunately i didn't have all the right tools in my craft collection so had to improvise a bit, even so i'm still very happy with the final result:


I'm not going to write a detailed tutorial on here because Tami's tutorial is so fab, so click here to access it.

However here is a list of the Stampin' Up! materials i used:
  • 'Soft Suede' card - for the cardbase.
  • 'Whisper White' card for the background.
  • 'Bashful Blue' ink, a 'Sponge Dauber' and the icing part from the 'Cupcake Punch' (as a cloud template) to create the sky background.
  • Some 'Garden Green' card snipped to create the grass.
  • 'Word Window Punch' and an elastic band to create the catapult.
  • A 'Red Riding Hood' and a 'Crumb Cake' '1-3/8" Circle', five 'Basic Black' strips and two 'Red Riding Hood' strips created made from the candle part of the 'Cupcake Punch', some hand-snipped 'Pumpkin Pie' card for the beak, two 'Whisper White' circles punched from the 'Cupcake Punch' and two teeny tiny 'Basic Black' circles created using the 'Crop-a-dile'.
  • The 'happy birthday' and the 'Brother' sentiment are both from the 'For My Family' stampset, inked in 'Soft Suede' ink.
I just love punchart and really happy with the final card - i hope hubby's brother likes it too!! Check back tomorrow for another card made with Stampin' Up! products!
,

5 comments:

  1. Tee hee! That's a genius idea! Happy birthday to your twin bil (not that my brain will process what one of those is!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love this Amy!!! Fantastic idea love angry birds! Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just about know who angry birds are, but know so many ppl who would love this card. It's fab and I love how you have improvised on the materials/tools x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Custom slot machines for sales are qualified to complete the project, 900 million cubic meters of water
    will be saved annually and the farmland under irrigation in Xinjiang will be expanded by 100, 000 ha.


    Review my homepage; homepage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later and
    see if the problem still exists.

    my web page luxury outside furniture

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.