Friday 29 June 2012

An Owl On The Fence!

Hey all! I couldn't resist making this card when i saw several versions of it whilst googling card designs using the fabby 'Owl Punch'!


I created the fence by stamping a piece of 'Crumbcake' cardstock using the 'Woodgrain' background stamp, using 'Early Espresso' ink. I have to admit i had overlooked this stamp in the catty - but i'm warming to it - as there are so many uses for it:


I then punched the card using the 'Word Window' punch to create the fence!!! I glued this onto a 'Baja Breeze' cardbase and then punched some leaves from 'Pear Pizzazz' card using the branch part of the 'Two Step Bird Punch' and glued these into place!

I punched a 'sun' out using the '1-3/8" Circle Punch' from some 'So Saffron' card and glued it onto the base and then punched the owl from 'Early Espresso', Crumbcake' and 'Whisper White' card and some 'Baja Breeze' 'DSP'. I glued all the components together and used 'Dimensionals' to raise the owl and create a 3D effect! Finally i printed the sentiment from the 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' stampset (obviously i used this one for Fathers Day although you could of course use any sentiment on this card!) and punched it out using again the 'Word Window Punch'.

If you'd like to order any of the products featured or have any questions about the products/ techniques i have used feel free to email me: amyjtidd@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.